Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Chicago, lost in D.C. and Tow Trucks


Jordan went to Chicago this past weekend for work. He worked all day Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. On Sunday a co-worker and his family that is up in Chicago took him out to see the city. Here are some of the things he saw. He only took a few pictures.

I had to drop Jordan off at the airport really early on Thursday morning because I had to be at work at 5:45am. We get to the airport in plenty of time for me to get to work. We say our goodbyes and I am off to work. So I am driving on the Dullas Toll Road and I am not seeing any signs for 495 North. I call Jordan and I'm like "Hey do you know what exit I am suppose to take?" Hes all no but I'm sure 495 North will come up eventually. At this point its like 5:30am so I am still in good shape. So I keep driving. I call back ten minutes later, "Jordan I am seeing signs for the pentagon, and down town D.C." "Mary, you have gone way to far" Oh crap this is bad. So I get off at the Pentagon/Crystal City exit. No idea where I am, and I need to be at work in 5 minutes. I am freaking out on the phone telling him I have no idea where I am. Long story short I finally found my way back up to 495 and I get to work 25 minutes late...Awesome.

I drove down to Virginia Beach that afternoon to see my sister and her family. I didn't want to stay by myself while Jordan was gone because I didn't have to work on Friday. A nice trip to VA beach would be fun. I get there around 6:15pm and we had a good night hanging out. 7:30am the next morning Carole Ann rips the covers off of me and asks "Where did you park your car??" "In the visitor parking like you told me..." I said. " Its not there!" Oh great, really! All day Friday we are trying to get my car back from the towing company without having to pay. They towed my car in the visitor parking with a visitor pass. It clearly was a mistake. Well Carole Ann's apartment company had given her the wrong visitor parking pass. We were on the phone all day with the property managers to have them pay for their mistake...it didn't really work. 8:00pm that night we went and got our car. Payed our of our pocket. My sister and her husband will be deducting $125 from their rent due to the lack of help we were able to get from the management company!

Wow what a weekend!!! There were many more events that took place but I will spare you.

I still had a great time with my sisters family. It was a lot of fun and I didn't have to work!

Hopefully this weekend will be eventful too!!!!





1 comment:

  1. Cute blog! I love chicago! When I have time I need to read through your post... baby is waking up from nap right now.... anyways soo glad you have a blog! I love blogging :)

    ReplyDelete